Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ONE DAY AT A TIME; FOREVER!

"One day at a time," is a motto from AA. It seems to be doing the trick. I wake up in the morning, read from the Al-Anon handbook of daily messages called, "ONE DAY AT A TIME IN AL-ANON", ponder the daily message, and then think what I shall have for each meal of the day. I make my intention-of-the-day statement, "No sugar today; think of healthy alternatives," and then I start my day.

So far, I have managed to live day to day except when I went to Walter' and Lourdes' baby shower on Sunday and allowed myself one cupcake. By the way, a new great-grandchild, a boy (Malachi William Self), will be born somewhere around the 27th of September. He is my first great-grandson. Lourdes was born in Puerto Rico and she has the most wonderful, loving, family. I am so proud to have her as my granddaughter and have been blessed again to have Hispanic members of the family. I am so rejoicing!

By the way, and this is off of the subject, but I have received two book reviews. One of them rates the book as a 5-star-"Thought Provoking-Definitely Worth Reading," and the other rates the book as 3-star and "Offensive". You can read these reviews at www.amazon.com , then search under Books and then under THE GOD GAMES: Legend of Kor, and you will pull up the details of the book and the 2 reviews. Amazon has the reviews in a special VS. box. Both reviewers are very passionate in their views and I appreciate any input.

I seem to be rambling today, but the main idea is that I have been able to change my diet and exclude sugar for eight days now, but all that I am working on is this day. Just let me have the strength to get through this day. I have found my mood to be elevated, myself to be more energized and motivated, and tomorrow is just a dream that will be dealt with tomorrow. My blood sugar levels have begun to come down and are almost normal (with the use of insulin), and my blood pressure is starting to also become regulated. Thank you dear Lord for the AA process.


Have a wonderful day, one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment